Do you like reading tutorials or watching them?

discussion

(MH Xion) #1

As you cross the path of different level of coding skills(e.g. languages), you had to look for the resources in the internet. As for this decade, almost everything is available both videos(youtube, online learning courses etc.) and text tutorials(articles, Wikipedia, Ebooks etc.) Which one of them you feel most comfortable with for yourself? As for me, I try to find a short article to learn about the depth of the skill, then try go get some videos and also follow along books to see if the video had missed anything!

• Video/Courses
  • Text Articles/Book
  • Both Simultaneously

0 voters

(Filip Samuel) #2

I like to read books but videos are better explained.

(Miguel Piedrafita) #3

My main method of learning is reading source code, and asking things to the developer (you’d be surprised how many people are willing to help others understand their code, specially OSS). As for videos or articles, I use videos when I want to get started with something (i.e. learning vue or laravel) and tutorials for things with more complexity that require previous knowledge (i.e. a tutorial on adding OAuth authentication to Laravel).

(Nathan Geerinck) #4

I like viewing the video courses of Laracasts.com and Codecourse.com. These two sites are providing a huge library of Laravel and Vue courses. :slight_smile:

(Miguel Piedrafita) #5

Laracasts is awesome (in fact, the two links in last post go to Laracasts)

(Benjamin Philippe) #6

I use both, but I generally prefer written articles/tutorials because I can go at my own pace and the source code is easier to read than in a video.