Verified instructors?

discussion
meta

(Miguel Piedrafita) #1

@RedDucks proposed this today in the code() discord channel:

I had an idea on how you can change your site to make it a bit more inclusive, and a bit more useful to normal users. I understand that the whole concept around the site is to be a young-person only site. But I think it would be a good idea to have a type of “verified instructors”. People like me (who are actually becoming teachers and have taught classes before, and Walshy (who has done professional dev work), and Nybbit (who hasn’t done any official pro-work but is on the same level as professional developers and could do professional work anytime, if he wanted). Those “verified instructors” would not be limited by age.

I think a change like that would open up a lot more doors for the site. Right now I’ve really only seen poll posts, like “what OS do you use?” And “what IDE do you use?”. And that’s a shame, because the concept behind coderyouth is generally solid and has a lot of potential. It just needs some tweaking.

What do you think? Is this something you would like to see in CoderYouth?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

About verified instructors
(Jonathan) #2

Yes (that’s a given, though :stuck_out_tongue:)

(Nybbit) #3

I also say yes, the main part of the community would still exist, but it also helps prevent misinformation from spreading and definitely won’t “overtake” the community.

(mrjvs) #4

Yes, this seems like a great idea.

(Filip Samuel) #5

It sounds nice, being able to ask pros devs would make this site more interesting.

(William Oldham) #6

+1 I think this is a good idea

(Miguel Piedrafita) #7