Worst Programming Languages

discussion

(William Oldham) #1

What languages out there are perceived to be “bad” but are actually fairly good? An example would be Python which seems to have a fairly bad rep but is good for beginners and for machine learning.

I’m interested to hear peoples’ experience and opinions regarding this :stuck_out_tongue:

Provides some good insight into what people like/don’t like :slight_smile:

(Jip) #2

*whispers* … Javascript?..

(William Oldham) #3

That’s true, Javascript goes get rather a bad rep even though it’s one of the most widely used languages in modern web development :stuck_out_tongue:

(Jip) #4

However, something being widely used doesn’t mean it has to be good.

(William Oldham) #5

This provides an interesting insight into that :stuck_out_tongue:

(William Oldham) #6

Python and Javascript are the most wanted :eyes:

(Benjamin Philippe) #7

Honestly, it seems to me that C++ has a bad reputation for being impossible for beginners. It’s not that hard if you know pretty much any other c-like language.

(Bruce Blore) #8

Assembly. It is really hard, but the fastest language there is. I don’t program in that language, BTW.

(Miguel Piedrafita) #9

PHP seems to have a very bad reputation, maybe because it’s very easy to write spaghetti code with it. Also, in PHP 7, speed and crypto has been improved.

(William Oldham) #10

I myself used to think this before taking a mini-course on it and realising it’s similar to things like Java. Never used it but I should :eyes:

(William Oldham) #11

Yeah it’s very easy to write spaghetti code with it. If you do it right it’s good but it requires quite a bit of experience to write good PHP compared to other langs :stuck_out_tongue:

(Filip Samuel) #12

My first language I learned(just 10%) was C++, I gave up in 3 months, is hard as hell!! I still remember overloads and templates… in my nightmares…

(Jonathan) #13

As a PHP developer of 5 years, I can attest to how shitty PHP can be at times, but by God do I still love it